F.A.B. My guide to your style


That's right, my blog is now officially totally fab! I know right!? Fab must be the most awful tacky word ever, but it's perfect for my new project. Delivering my style onto your screen, to help you find your drive to the fashion maze of trends, traditions, shapes and colors.
Ever since I've started this blog, I've written post about trends, Fashion-week reports, What to wear and many others. Although all these posts were all on different subjects, and they had nothing in common at all, I decided to put them all together in one category. It's just my vision on trends, giving you some tips on how to mix and match your wardrobe. Hopefully I'll be able to give you some new inspiration for your looks. Now of course I'm not telling you how to dress, I'm all for finding your own style and you should never wear something because someone told you so. I'm simply offering a helping hand for the fashion-desperado's among us. I just like to write about etiquette's and trends. Originally written in Dutch, I've translated some articles to English. Please enjoy the first four articles of my new guide to fashion: F.A.B.


Now I know you must be thinking, Why the hell did he call this project F.A.B.? 
Well ever since I was a child, I've been a major fan of the 1960's puppet-action series: The Thunderbirds. Especially the female spy, Lady Penelope, was the best mix of action and elegance. (She is the woman in the middle in the picture above) She was just so cool with her bright pink car with missile-rockets behind the headlights. Now the license-plate of her car said: FAB1. And every time the thunderbirds guys ended their phone conversation, they used to say: F-A-B! As in: "Copy that" or "Yes, Sir" or whatever you normally say while talking on a walky-talky. Later I found out that this word "fab" was based on the abbreviation of the word fabulous. Fab was a very common word, made up in the 1960's (Therefore it was used in the Thunderbirds tv-series) I like the tacky-ness of the word. Just like the Thunderbirds tried to save the world, I'll try to save your wardrobe. I'll translate some more articles in the future and I'm going to write a lot more fabulous pieces with styling tips and tricks.
Now let's hope you'll find my new articles totally Fab!
Let me know what you think so far or If you've got anything I should write about! I'm interested in your opinion so let me know in the comments below...



Simply Style By Aldo is on: